miércoles, 7 de enero de 2009

Les chansons d'amour

I think this film may be one of my favourites. And the place where we saw it had bottled beer for 1.50, nice music, nice people and a extremely cute dog who happened to kiss me or lick me to be more specific. I decided I need to drink more in order NOT to feel so cold, so far it is not working so much, maybe I should stick to Porto which seemed to work, unlike beer. Licking from dogs is also really helpful but I don't have a dog to carry with me all the time so that is no option.

Well, back to the movie. A musical trying to show that even nowadays Romance is possible, in the streets of a cold/rainy Paris. Maybe here is a good oportunity to say that fortunately the Eiffel tower was not shown in the movie, that is no couple kissing with the tower on the background - that makes it a good film already, isn't it? Or not Louvre, just Paris, plain and beautiful Paris. The Paris I long to visit again, the Paris I liked so much - not fell in love with: that is Amsterdam.

Some of the songs were re-wrote for the film, the songs are beautiful. While watching it I was so glad I spoke and understood French, the time I spent in learning it really payed off yesterday because I could get what they were saying and singing and because the guy in front of me was too tall and didn't let me watch the subtitles. The film has one of the most beautiful love scenes that just happens to be gay; and the song behind it is so powerful. Hope that the next movie we will watch at Cinemanita is as good as this one was.

No hay comentarios: