martes, 6 de enero de 2009

From scrabble book to "extreme moments" book

Once upon a time there were two little girls in a high school in Peru. They didn't see themselves as little girls but as grown ups at that time, now I see how little I was. One of them was Canadian and the other Peruvian, they became best friends and shared their most "intimate" secrets - which at that time ranged from how to colour their hair, how to use tampons and the myths associated to that, such as: Tampons? If you use them then you are not virgin anymore! How to look for clothes that were not too tight, how to skate, how to stand up after crashing the ground skating, how to prepare picnics, how to make banana muffins, how to look for the perfect sunshine and the perfect sunrise. We laughed, cried, ate, drank and smoked together. I still miss her - a lot.

There was this other thing, we shared a scrabble book, a safe place where we could write whatever we wanted to write about. After she left this time and space I couldn't keep up with a scrabble book, it's not fun when there is no "feedback", I decided to start my "extreme moments" book. I have no clue where are the first editions, probably in a box somewhere in the deposits of my mom's place in Arequipa - hopefully I may say. Some years ago I changed it to a "digital" version of it and just found it a few hours ago. I am amazed, that book contains extreme moments, this is moments where I laughed my ass off, I cried till not having breath, where I was just surprised by something or when I felt happy. I also found the Uganda book, with so many mixed feelings that I cannot really understand.

Now I am using a Moleskine (thank you Mikey!), which is just perfect and it already has four things written down and I have it only for a couple of weeks. I am glad that I am in a state where I am not searching for happiness, it seems that she is now looking for me and finding me, but at the same time this may be one of the hardest periods of my life where I have to work really hard if I want to get something.

The food is in the oven, Copello is on her way, outside it is very cold but sunny, it is a lovely day.

No hay comentarios: