viernes, 22 de agosto de 2008

Waarom niet?

Goed, ok forget it, my Dutch is not good enough to write in Dutch - aside from the title. Why this post is in English, well because a non Spanish speaking person is reading it, as simple as that.

I am now going to this traditional Dutch farm where they make cheese and wooden shoes - unique by the way. Cheese is awesome! And the best part of it, I can eat as much chesse as I want during lunch and coffee breaks, and the boss obliges us to take breaks and coffee or tea or whatever we want to take.

So, this Dutch lady comes in and starts speaking to my friend in Dutch; my friend speaks more Russian than Dutch (no, really); then she goes to my other friend - no Dutch; finally she approaches me and starts speaking Dutch to me, the only thing I can manage to say is "Sorry maar ik spreek en kleine beetje Nederlands" and she turns around and says in English "It is funny that in this traditional Dutch place no one speaks Dutch, why?". I just heard a voice saying "waarom niet?", yes it was the boss.

And it is true, only non Dutch people are there, why? I have no clue, maybe because only non Dutch people come to visit the place - that may be one explanation. It is a pity, because work is fun and environment is fun and people there is really nice. No high heels, no black pants, and the boss is always saying "take it easy, it is as simple as that" and no - he is not high. As a matter of fact I am happy that I am spending some time there, it is nice to eat good cheese for free. And somehow I get the opportunity to talk to the boss in Dutch, hopefully I will master it soon, so it is time to vamp it up!

No hay comentarios: